Terms & Conditions
RESOURCES FOR QUICK REFERENCE
For more detailed information on key aspects of glass partitioning, we recommend all customers should have a read through the FIS Best Practice guide. It is available to view here:
To comply with Building Regulations, we recommend that you refer to the following links:
Part M (Manifestation)
Part B (Guidance Notes)
Part K (Glass Safety and Robustness)
Part E (Domestic)
- Payment is made in two stages. A non-refundable deposit of £100 + VAT is payable at the time of ordering, followed by payment of the remainder in full before the glass is installed.
- Full payment is only taken once all on-site surveying has been completed and the area has been professionally measured for the glass to be manufactured.
- The glass will not be ordered until full payment is received.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque, or credit/debit card.
- Surveys require a minimum of 3-5 days’ notice.
- For a survey to take place the area must be clear of obstructions on the floor, walls and ceilings. Obstructions referred to here include electrical sockets, data sockets, light fittings, air conditioning units, radiators, heaters, furniture, intruder alarms, smoke detection devices, fire alarm sounders, ventilation grilles, ductwork, floor boxes, thermostats, wall mounted control units, and other such items that will prevent a clean wall, floor or ceiling fix.
- Site specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments are available on request. These will be prepared once a site survey is undertaken.
- Tracks will be installed straight, using packers where necessary.
- We will not be responsible for infilling gaps behind a track.
- Glass sizes will be determined during the initial site survey. Any special requirements you have must be supplied to us prior to the site survey.
- The maximum width of a glazed panel is 1200mm. Larger glazed runs are constructed using multiple panels.
- All prices quoted are based on straight cut glass. Costs for raked or notched glass will be determined during the site survey.
- Any shaped glass required once survey is completed will incur a 30% shape charge, applicable to that sheet of glass.
If you require us to use a template, this must be provided by you in advance of work starting.
- If you require us to create a template, a £250 + VAT charge will apply
- An online order / quote is not confirmed until approved by our estimating department as prices can vary depending on third party supplier costs outside of our control, site limitations, and other factors that are discovered at the time of survey.
- Uplifting glass may carry an extra over cost based on certain factors such as carry-in distance, access to the building, and floor level. This cannot be determined until our site survey.
- Unless stated otherwise the price quoted is based upon installation at no higher than 1st floor level, with sufficient corridor width to accommodate the glass.
- If your installation is above 1st floor level, or access is expected to be problematic e.g. a spiral staircase or narrow walkway etc., then please let us know.
- Our quote assumes that all work is to be carried out during normal working hours (8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday). Out of hours charges will apply outside these times.
- All rates supplied are for standard Single Glazed Product.
- We assume all glass and materials can be delivered to the site via goods lifts etc. If this is not possible, and the goods need to be manually carried on to the site, then a lifters fee will be added subject to site survey for access.
- For the purpose of providing a quote, we estimate the quantities of materials on the information you have supplied (with a 50mm allowance). If the actual quantity of materials required for the project varies from what was quoted, this variation will be supplied on a pro-rata basis. Please note, we may need to change perimeter track size and the ironmongery manufacturer in the event of component unavailability.
- Our minimum order value is £2000 + VAT for glass partitioning products. Please contact our sales department if your order falls below this amount.
- This quote will not be deemed as forming any part of unconditional acceptance of any order that may result from this estimate. The true cost will not be known until the survey has taken place. Any variations against the quotation will be notified to you. Should the variations or site limitations negate your requirement we will make a charge of £100 (Excluding VAT) for the survey time and travel expended.
- Our quote assumes that you will provide facilities for the disposal of any materials that need to be disposed of at your site. We will not incur a charge for this. Should the project necessitate us hiring a waste skip, this will be charged at £200 per skip (excluding VAT).
- Our quote assumes, and subsequent acceptance of your order, assumes that you have applied for and received any Local Building Regulation approval required.
VARIATIONS TO SPECIFICATION AFTER QUOTING
- All variations to an order or alterations that occur as a result of our site survey have to be requoted and will require an official instruction from you. We reserve the right to charge a surcharge may to cover additional travelling and accommodation expenses in certain circumstances.
- The glass installation cannot take place until the site is free of all wet and/or dusty work.
- Installation of the head, base, abutments and door frames to be level and plumb, to facilitate both measure and installation of the glazing and door sets. Failure to ensure this will delay the installation and cannot be deemed to be the responsibility of Tapper Interiors Ltd. and additional charges will be issued. The site must be equally as clean and dust free prior to the application of any manifestation.
- Please note it is your responsibility to ensure the load bearing capacity of any floors or overhead structures onto which our equipment is to be installed. This is not work we carry out.
- Please note tracks and door pivots are mechanically drilled and fixed into your floor, ceiling and walls. Though we endeavor to take care during this work, we cannot be held responsible for damage to hidden pipework and cables, and any damage that results from this happening, e.g. to the building, decoration, equipment, or furniture via a. water leak damage etc.
- Any snagging required will commence on receipt of written notification and emailed photographs.
- We will not accept responsibility or be liable for any damage to ceramic tiled wall or floor surfaces.
- We will not accept responsibility or be liable for any damage to any concealed services including (but not exclusive to) underfloor heating, pipework, power or data cables. You will be responsible for marking out the exact positions prior to any perimeter track fitting.
GLASS AND GLAZING FEDERATION QUALITY GUIDELINES
Please note the following industry standard visual quality criteria that we and our manufacturers adhere to: “Toughened safety glass shall be deemed acceptable if the following phenomena are neither obtrusive nor bunched: hairlines or blobs; fine scratches not more than 25mm long; minute imbedded particles. Obtrusiveness of blemishes shall be judged by looking through the glass, not at it, when standing at right angles to it on the room side at a distance of not less than 3m in natural daylight and not in direct sunlight. The area to be viewed is the normal vision area with the exception of a 50mm wide band around the perimeter of the glass. Pattern ghosting can occur on glasses with a textured finish.”
We strongly recommend the use of heat soaking when using toughened glass products due to the possibility of nickel sulphide inclusion. The FIS advise as follows: “The presence of nickel sulfide (NiS) inclusions may cause toughened glass to spontaneously break after installation. This is a rare but naturally occurring phenomenon in the float glass manufacturing process. The risk of toughened glass spontaneously breaking due to the presence of critical NiS can be reduced (but not eliminated) by subjecting the glass to heat soaking testing.”
If you need to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to contact our sales team.
Please note that if you are looking to create a private area then installing glass partitioning may, due to reverberation and amplification, actually have the opposite effect. Acoustic panels can be installed to help with this, though. So please speak with our team to discuss the options available to you.
We assume that floor height, frameless doors are to be used unless otherwise stated.
For tall doors (above 2.7m), we recommend the door handle is a minimum of 600mm.
Partitions can be/are available with 50mm head tracks for both deflection and consideration relocation in the future.
Where Glass partitions / doors are installed under a load which needs flexibility of movement then different tracking may be required to ensure the weight above is not transferred to the glass partitions/doors.
Our quote assumes that you have informed us of any presence of asbestos on your premises. We do require sight of your asbestos register if it is present, in order for us to assess the risk before commencing any work.
Terms of Sale
For our Terms of Sale, please click here.